Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Glass Etching -Rose Trifle Bowl

Hi friends,
My daughter wanted to make a unique bridal shower gift for a friend whos favorite flower is the rose. So together we created this lovely trifle bowl. It's a little difficult to see the etched roses on the bowl, but it really is beautiful.
We purchased the bowl from Wal-Mart.
Here is our step by step how we created the etched image on the bow.

The rose image is from the Indie Art Cricut cartridge, I used my gypsy to stagger then cut several roses on scratch paper so I could get the exact size we wanted to fit around the container. Once we decided on the sizing we cut the row of images twice to fit all the way around the bowl.
Cut the vinyl, then removed the excess pieces, this was a bit tricky with the tiny rose images.

We used transfer tape to keep the pieces in place while taking of the backing of the vinyl, then adhered the vinyl to the bowl.

Then rubbed around all the edges of the vinyl to make sure there were no bubbles before adding the etching cream.

Added etching cream generously. Then rinsed off the etching cream and removed the vinyl.

Created a matching card from the same rose image to give with the gift.


post signature

7 comments:

  1. Love this project...an idea for my niece's wedding coming up next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, what a beautiful creation! I'm sharing an award with you, please stop by my blog to pick it up. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome gift idea, Robin!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! What a lovely gift, those roses turned out so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I haven't tried etching but I think I may give it a shot! TFS
    Miranda :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog, thank you so much your your kind comments, they make my day!