Saturday, November 7, 2009

Handwriting on the wall --Vinal Decor

Hi,
I'm so excited to share this wall decor with you. This is in my daughters bedroom, and the really cool thing about this font is you wont be able to find it anywhere because it is in my daughters handwriting, cool huh!
She wanted her own hand writings on the wall so we figured out a way to do it.

above her curtains
next to her bed (it really is on a slant)
"I go to my island of dreams"

on her mirror
If you are familiar with using Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) then you'll understand how I did this.
We used black vinyl to cut out the words with my Cricut Expressions.
This is how the process went...
I had my daughter write on a blank piece of paper the words she wanted. I then scanned the paper with my scanner. In Photoshop CS2 I made sure the complete image was solid black, saved it as a .jpg file (I'm sure you can use any photo editing program).
Then I opened the image in Inkscape and made it into an SVG file. Open the .svg file in SCAL, sized how she wanted it, then cut.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Have a wonderfully creative day!
Robin :)

1 comment:

  1. this is great! Thanks so much for sharing your find and how to do it!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog, thank you so much your your kind comments, they make my day!