Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Toadally Love You -You make me Hoppy

I'm learning how to color digital stamps, I've actually had years of experience using rubber stamps as I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 10 years, I'm retired now but still love stamps. So I'm taking the plunge using digital.

One thing I've noticed is knowing what my printer ink will do when I use different mediums to color the image. I have a Canon i860, and the ink does smear when I use a wet marker to color. I believe there's a spray that you can purchase to spray over the image to keep it from smearing, I will look into this in the future because I do love using markers.

I'm going to invest in copic markers which are expensive art markers that blend beautifully. I've been watching some tutorials on Utube of how to use them and they are fabulous. So as I learn coloring techniques on digital stamps I'll share with you what I learn, and if you haven't tried digital stamps we can learn together as we go. Also if you have tips on coloring digi stamps let me know, I love to learn.

I'm on the Doodle Palace design team and am having so much fun playing with their super cute digi stamps.
The following image is available for purchase at the Doodle Palace.

Toadally Love You
I used my brightly colored gel pens to color this "toadally in love" frog, he's so sweet! I used a circular motion to color him, I love his cute little grin. In the center of the flower I added just a little bling.
Years ago I picked up some charms for card and craft making, I'm sure I have enough for a life time, but I do love charms, a girl can never have too many... right?
I find my charms on e-bay, just do a search and you can find any type of charm you want.
Remember to check out Doodle Palace, new images are released each Wednesday.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!!! Love everything...the colors, charm and bling are just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. Your little froggie is adorable. TFS

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog, thank you so much your your kind comments, they make my day!