I can hardly believe we are here at day 4 of the Stamp Release Party for My Craft Spot, I'm having so much fun with these stamps and dies, I hope you are enjoying the new stamps and dies and all the creative projects!
Remember all new stamp sets and metal dies will be available for purchase at My Craft Spot on Saturday.
I have several photo tutorials below giving you a few ideas on how to use this metal die set. One of the things that I love about this set is you can make cards in just a few minutes, like I've done below. I made 3"x3" note cards easy-peasy, the tiny heart and butterfly images I used are from the Small Alphabet metal die set.
The Word Quotes metal die is a set of 4; one solid quote bubble, and three quote bubbles with words... hello, friend and thank you. Below is a photo tutorial of how I made the cards above.
1) cut out two quote bubbles using the solid die, I used a pattern cardstock and a solid cardstock.
2) take the solid cardstock bubble that was just cut and one of the word dies.
3) place it directly over the cardstock, there will be just a small edge of cardstock showing, secure with tape to keep it from moving while die cutting. Cut out with your choice of die cutting machines.
4) here is your cut out image, remove all the pieces in between the hello word.
5) now layer the "hello" word over the pattern cardstock you cut in picture #1. Love it!!
Here is another fun idea using the Word Quote metal die...1) Cut two of the word dies in two colors, I'm using glitter cardstock. Place a few pieces of tape behind the first hello in this case it's the pink hello, this will hold all those tiny pieces in place. keep all the negative pieces from the hello (the pieces you would normally throw away).
2) Now place all the negative yellow pieces inside of the pink hello.
**Not shown I did decide to cut out a solid quote bubble and glue it on the back of the pink hello after adding all the negative pieces just so everything was secure before adhering it to my card.
How cool is this!!! Creatively simple and I love the glitter, the butterfly is from the Small Alphabet metal die set.
1) I took a piece of patterned cardstock size 4 1/8" x 5 1/4" (use any size you like) then cut out one of the word quotes I used the word "friend" (save the dot for the "i" if you want to use it). Also cut out the same word quote in a solid cardstock (the first tutorial on this post shows how to cut this out.
2) Place the solid cardstock directly over the patterned paper matching up the word friend.
Decorate your card as desired. I took a small piece of cardstock (big enough to fit behind the quote bubble), embossed it using the Cuttlebug embossing folder Divine Swirl. Added a bit of Caribbean Crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot along with a flower border from the new Fancy Edges 2 metal die.
close up view.
Thanks for visiting my blog today, I hope you enjoyed the photo tutorials of the Word Quotes metal dies, there are more great projects made by Kimberly and the design team using the brand new Word Quotes metal die set, so head over to My Craft Spot, and while you're there remember to leave a comment on Kimberly's blog (My Craft Spot) today for your chance to win the 4" Doily metal die set. click -HERE for My Craft Spot.