Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sweetest Little Turtle Girl

This is the sweetest little turtle costume girl that I've ever seen!
Two new images to be released today at Doodle Palace Digital Stamps. This image is "Chibi Girl -Turtle" the second image not shown on my blog is "Bear on Trike" he is adorable you'll just have to take a look.

I used a paper piecing technique for this little girl.
I printed this image 4 times, once on white cardstock, then on two green patterned papers, and the fourth on pink (just so I could cut out the cute flower).

I colored the face and center of the flower using colored pencils. Then cut out the turtle costume and a circle where her sweet face is and with the green grass patterned paper I cut out the belly, hands (mittens), and the tail, but it's so tiny it may be hard to see it.
I used the Cuttlebug "Tiny Mosaic Texture" embossing folder on the solid pink paper. And because it has a white core I was able to give it a light sanding on the top of the squares so the white could show through.

To see more creations and get inspired using "Chibi Girl -Turtle" and the "Bear on Trike" digital stamp, go check out what the Doodle Palace Princesses have created HERE, and remember to click on the names above the project to view the designers blog.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Cute turtle costume! Love your designs. Thanks for sharing!
    -Amanda
    www.theladywolf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog, thank you so much your your kind comments, they make my day!