Monday, August 29, 2011

A Splash of Color -Fantabulous Cricut Challenge

School is back in session here and my youngest daughter is already busy with homework and studying for tests, that's high school for ya. Then my two older daughters will be heading off to collage soon for the first time, so many wonderful experiences await them. Life is really changing for me and my husband with the girls getting older, but it's a good thing! "To everything there is a season" Ecclesiastes 3:1

Today is a great day and a new challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog
the challenge "A Splash of Color"
use the color "YELLOW" on your project
I decided to make a "back to school" card for my daughter and let her know that I'm excited for her new school year and all the things that she will learn, and also to let her know that I love her and that I'm always here for her and so glad to be her "taxi" since she is involved with extra-curricular activities.

Here is my card with all the details below...


I used the Cricut cartridge "Locker talk" for all the images, this is actually a fun shaped card, not a true rectangle because I used the "Notepaper" image (pg. 65 of the handbook) welding two together for the card. I used a gel pen to trace the only the lines on the notepaper using my cricut. If you would like more information about using gel pens with your cricut, I have a post on my blog giving more details and photos of how I use the "Mini Gel Pens" with the ciricut machine -HERE.
The notepaper was cut at 4.57" wide x 5" high (measurements from my gypsy). The pencil pg. 37 of the handbook, was cut at 4.03" wide x 1/75" high, and the phrase "back to school" pg. 35 cut at 2.37" wide x 3" high.
I also inked all the edged of each image using Tim Holtz distress ink "antique linen".


For more great "Splash of Color" projects from the talented Fantabulous Cricut design team head over to FCCB to be "inspired", and feel free to join in on this weeks challenge to "use "yellow" on a project" then you will be inspiring us! The challenge is -HERE.

post signature

12 comments:

  1. Such a cute and thoughtful card! I am sure your daughter will love it! Great idea using the gel pens!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card! I love that the card is a "notebook"- clever. :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super card! Locker Talk is such a fun cartridge. I love the fun shape of it, too!
    I hope your girls have a wonderful year at school. My kidlets go back next Tuesday. I can't believe the summer is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Robin.I'm sure your daughter will love it.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Can't believe your daughters will be in college!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card Robin I love the notebook paper and that bright yellow pencil! Sounds as if you have lots of major changes coming up in your life! Best wishes to your college girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, as always. What a special card to receive from mom. I'm sure she appreciates what a wonderful mom you are. Your ideas always inspire me.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE!!!! That's a great card. I hope you are doing well too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Robin. What a great way to send your daughter off to school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job I love those images and you made it look so nice.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I love how you created the shaped card and added the lines with the pens, I will have to look at your tutorial. Your daughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the notepad card!! I am dying to try the mini gel pens!! Great Card!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog, thank you so much your your kind comments, they make my day!