Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tips And Tricks From Robin #1

Some secrets need to be shared.
This secret tip I use when cutting my images for my cards or scrapbook pages.

Note: when I cut my images for my Wild Card Series, I do not use the "real dial size" feature, so I often don't know exactly what size of an item that I want. Therefore, I do "test drives" with my cricut.

I use plain white computer paper, I set my blade at 3 and speed usually at med or high, it doesn't need to be a great cut because I just want to see the size that the image will be.
For example the cut below I cut two frames, the top at 7" the bottom at 5".
I liked the size of the 7" frame for my card front, so once I knew the size I wanted then I put my pattern paper on my cutting mat and cut it at 7". Using this method lets me use more of my pattern paper for other projects.


This is Wild Card # 16 that I used with the frame image.
For more photos and detailed information about this card click here
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog, thank you so much your your kind comments, they make my day!